Querrey & Harrow’s Real Estate Group provides a range of legal services related to real estate: acquisition, sales, leases, loan documentation, zoning, condemnation, and foreclosures.
Querrey & Harrow’s clients include developers, lenders, property owners, title insurance companies, and municipal corporations. Querrey & Harrow represents commercial, industrial and residential developers including developers of affordable housing tax credit projects. The firm has represented both lenders and borrowers in secured commercial real estate loans. The firm represents developers, owners or associations in condominium disputes.
- Drafted and negotiated lease regarding portions of a school for placement of a billboard
- Prepared liens on public funds and handled construction disputes involving leases on public property
- Drafted contracts for the sale and/or purchase and assisted client with due diligence
- Advised and assisted clients with like-kind exchanges (1031 exchanges and reverse exchanges)
- Negotiated sales and/or purchases of $2-$7 million commercial real estate
- Represented Park District in the acquisition of sites for expansion of its facility
- Represented a property owner in connection with the sale and acquisition of investment property and facilitated the reverse starker transaction in order to defer taxable gain
- Participating in zoning and use variance proceedings and obtaining special title insurance endorsements
- Represented the seller of office buildings in Batavia, Bourbonnais, Crystal Lake, Forest Park, Gurnee, Hyde Park, Machesney Park, Moline, Mt. Prospect, Naperville, Niles, Schaumburg, Vernon Hills and Westmont, Illinois, among others
- Represented the buyer of 7.24 acre parcel of industrial land in Chicago
- Negotiated on behalf of a merchants/downtown improvement association a Special Service Area No. One Agreement with the City of Chicago
- Represented the seller of 3 adjacent parcels in Chicago, including rezoning of one to "legalize" an efficiency apartment installed in the 1960's
- Property tax exemption applications based on governmental exemption