Our attorneys assist manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and their insurers in the defense of medical product liability litigation and in the coordination of multiple claims litigation on both a regional and national basis.
We counsel clients on developments in product liability legislation, tort reform and significant case law developments. The types of medical products we have defended include:
- IV Pump for heart medication
- Heart lung bypass machine
- Heart catheter
- Pedicle screws
- Tubing in liposuction procedures
- Cardiac rotoblator for coronary artery occlusion
- Cetacaine spray
- Malfunctioning heart valve
- Ephedra - Epinephrine
- Nutraceutical matters
- Oxygen machine
- Skin-Cap psoriasis treatment
- Drugs used in clinical trials
- Bone plates
- Ventilator malfunction
- Off-label use of medications
- Joint implants
In addition to our experience handling these matters, we regularly retain subject matter experts to assist our clients in evaluating and defending medical product liability matters.
Attorneys work closely with other Querrey & Harrow teams on such matters as intellectual property, indemnification provisions, vendor endorsements and insurance coverage issues.